Enjoy the festive season like never before with the Santa Hat Jello Shots, a merry mix of sweet jello, a hint of vodka, and a Santa hat-inspired garnish. A recipe that promises a dash of fun and a lot of holiday cheer at your festive gatherings.
The Santa Hat Jello Shots are a perfect representation of the holiday spirit wrapped up in a delightful edible form.
This jello shot recipe, with its strawberry jello base topped with a 'Santa hat' of whipped cream and strawberry, offers a refreshing twist to the traditional holiday jello shots.
These jolly shots are reminiscent of Christmas candy canes and are the perfect addition to any Christmas party or winter gathering.
Our version takes this fun tradition and adds a holiday twist for extra festivity.
Why You'll Love These Shots
- These jello shots have the perfect blend of sweet and tangy flavors
- Easy to make with just a handful of ingredients
- Fun and festive presentation
- Can be easily customized based on personal preferences
- Ideal for holiday parties and gatherings
Jello mix: You can use either cherry or strawberry jello mix. We used the cherry jello mix for a sweet and tart flavored shot. Plus they're red, you know, for Santa.
Vodka: Add the kick and elevates these into shots.
Whipped cream: To add a creamy delicious topping that also serves to look like the rim on Santa's hat.
Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are another delicious topping that looks like Santa's hat, plus it introduces a fresh and fruity flavor that compliments the jello perfectly.
Begin by bringing a cup of water to a boil. Then, dissolve the jello mix thoroughly in the boiling water.
Allow the mixture to cool for a bit, and then add the vodka and cold water, whisking it all together.
Ensure the mixture is no longer steaming before proceeding. Next, arrange the shot cups on a tray and pour the mixture into them.
Place the tray in the refrigerator and allow the shots to set completely.
Before serving, pipe a dollop of whipped cream on each shot, top it with an upside-down strawberry, and finish it off with a dab of whipped cream.
While I think the whipped cream and strawberry creating a Santa hat on top of the shot is the perfect garnish, here are a few other garnishes you could add.
- Sprinkle of edible glitter for an extra festive touch
- A small sprig of mint for a pop of color and a refreshing contrast
- A dusting of powdered sugar to mimic the look of snow
- Mini marshmallows for a whimsical, snow-like effect
- Cocktail cherries for a traditional cocktail garnish with a burst of color
- Silver or gold sugar pearls for a sophisticated touch
- A candy cane on the side for an extra holiday spirit
Ensure the jello mix is completely dissolved before adding other ingredients
Allow the mixture to cool down completely before refrigerating
Use a piping bag for neat and consistent whipped cream dollops
Make sure the strawberries are fresh and firm for the best visual appeal and flavor
Prepare these shots ahead of time to let them set properly
- If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, replace vodka with additional water or fruit juice for a burst of flavor
- Substitute cherry or strawberry jello mix with other flavors for variety
- Coconut cream can be used instead of whipped cream for a dairy-free version
- Consider adding other liqueurs such as tequila or rum for a different flavor profile
- Try different fruits like raspberries or cherries for the 'hat'
- Experiment with different jello flavors to keep things interesting
- 1 (3 oz. ) box of cherry or strawberry jello mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup vodka (if not using vodka use 1 ½ cup of boiling water)
- ½ cup cold water
- whipped cream
- 12 strawberries with tops removed
- Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan, then whisk in the jello mix until it fully dissolves.
- Let the mix cool briefly before adding in cold water and vodka (if used), then whisk together. Allow it to cool further until it stops steaming.
- Arrange shot cups on a tray and fill with the jello mixture. Chill in the refrigerator until solid.
- Just before serving, add whipped cream on top to create Santa's hat brim. Place an upside-down strawberry on each, and top with a small amount of whipped cream to complete the hat. Enjoy!
It takes a little while for the jello shots to set. So be sure to make these well ahead of time to allow them to completely cool and firm up.
When to Make These
- At themed Christmas parties
- As after-dinner drinks during holiday gatherings
- During New Year's Eve celebrations
- For a holiday-themed brunch or lunch
- As a fun dessert option during winter gatherings
The Santa hat jello shots, in essence, are more than just holiday jello shots or Christmas jello shots.
They are a conversation starter, a centerpiece, and a delightful way to spread the holiday spirit.